As a standard practice, Preferred Warranties assigns a random number to each visitor to our website for anonymously tracking content preferences and traffic patterns. This random number lets us keep track of how many times users are doing specific things – like visiting our site each month – without really knowing who those users are. This random number is kept in a file on your computer called a "cookie." Cookies lead to quicker navigation and a generally more positive experience in searching for the information you desire. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to determine the identity of any user: unless you specifically tell us, Preferred Warranties will never know who you are, even though we assign your computer a cookie.
You may, however, elect to tell us things that you want Preferred Warranties to remember. We hope that you will want to provide information about yourself to Preferred Warranties because it will make our website more valuable to you. If you are comfortable providing us with information about yourself, enhanced services are available to you. Examples of such enhanced services would be pre-filled forms or access to premium content. In these instances, we retain information about you between computing sessions by using the cookie. The choice of how much personal information to disclose to Preferred Warranties is left completely up to you.
Preferred Warranties gathers information about users of our website that allows us to offer compelling and easily accessible online content in a manner that provides personal privacy protection as well:
- Occasionally we ask you to provide us information such as your name, email address and company. You never have to answer these questions, although this may limit what services we can offer you. Personal information is only collected when voluntarily submitted by a user in one of our on-line information or e-mail correspondence forms.
- We catalog traffic patterns throughout the site.
- We use a cookie to assign a "User ID."
Use of the Information
Preferred Warranties is trying to always provide you with a compelling reason to come back and visit our site again:
- We analyze what users like and don't like about Preferred Warranties' current offerings so that we can design better services.
- We use information about what you are searching for to help focus the Technical Support information we present to you, hopefully to make this more valuable to you.
- We would like to send you email communications to provide information that we think you will find useful, including information about new products and services from Preferred Warranties. However, it is our policy only to send email to customers who give us permission to do so. In every such email, we will also have instructions on how to unsubscribe so that you will not receive any future emails from Preferred Warranties after you unsubscribe.
- We may share personal and/or aggregated information that you have provided with other business divisions within the KAR Auction Services, Inc. group of companies.
- The personal information that you provide may be used within the Preferred Warranties network of affiliated companies and suppliers to provide a personalized experience to you.
Storage and Access
If you establish a hypertext link to the home page of our website, the link should not state or imply any type of endorsement or sponsorship by Preferred Warranties or its affiliates of the user, its company or any other company, or any other website.
Third Party Websites
Amendments to This Policy